Handbook for meetings
Templates and guidesData Subject Access Request Procedure (PDF)
The Information Commissioner's Office has an advice line for small organisations on 0303 123 1113 (select option 4).
- Guide to GDPR 2018 (PDF) Revised March 2018
- Guide to data audit 2018 (PDF)
- Blank data audit template (Word)
- Text of talk given by Lisa McQuillan (member of Data Protection Group at Friends House) at Yearly Meeting 2018 'GDPR for meetings' (Word)
- Information sheet on the Britain Yearly Meeting's contact database. Please contact the Data Protection Group (see below) for a copy.
- When you email more than one person you can reveal personal information - their email addresses. Here is a guidance note about being considerate of Friends when emailing (Word).
- For information
on how to improve the cyber security of your meeting see the Cyber Security: Small
Charity Guide on the National Cyber Security Centre website.
Find a meeting
Britain Yearly Meeting lists details of Quaker meetings on its website. Contact details listed on the find a Quaker meeting page are considered public information. Yearly Meeting staff and others may give these to an enquirer without asking further permission.
All area meetings should take the ICO self-assessment tool (offsite link) to see whether they are required to register with the ICO. Most meetings will be required to register regardless of whether they are registered charities or not.