This event has ended.
Quakers at The Big One
21 - 24 April 2023, London, various locations
On the weekend of 21–24 April 2023, Quakers in Britain will be gathering with other groups and organisations across Britain to give witness to our concern for climate justice and the climate and ecological crisis.
We are inviting you to be a part of this historic event:
Join together in London. Westminster Meeting are generously hosting Quakers in Britain and are allowing their Meeting House to be used as a base. We will be able to seek support, rest and hospitality until 5pm each day of the gathering.
Friday 21 April
- Meet at 10am Westminister Meeting House for a meeting for worship at 10.30am.
- We will then walk to the Foreign Office (Google map). Estimated arrival time 12pm.
- Meet in St James's Park (Google map) at 2pm where we will assemble as close to Parliament Square as possible for a meeting for worship.
Saturday 22 April
- Meet at 10am in St James's Park (Google map) for a meeting for worship at 10.30am. We will then join the Biodiversity March (feel free to dress up as a species that is endangered or now extinct).
Sunday 23 April
- Meet at 10.30am Westminster Meeting House to join their usual meeting for worship at 11am (not 10.30 as previously stated).
Monday 24 April
- Meet at 10am Westminster Meeting House for a meeting for worship at 10.30am.
- We will then walk to the Ministry of Justice (Google map). Estimated arrival time 12pm.
Upholding and sustaining the event
- Please consider how you or your meeting might uphold those attending the gathering in London.
- Edible sustaining would be welcome too! Please drop donations of snacks at Westminster Meeting House over the weekend or give to those in your meeting attending.
- If you would like to be involved in the gathering, but do not feel you could be among larger numbers of people etc then please consider volunteering to be at Westminster Meeting House on each of the days to support people coming back for a rest and providing hospitality.
We hope to see you there!
For up to date information about the plans for the weekend please join the announcement only WhatsApp group (you will not be able to post messages - just see updated plans for the gathering):
For more information contact:
Climate & economic justice