You can find information about the particular focus of Yearly Meeting within the brochure. The relevant section is extracted as a download study guide for Yearly Meeting Gathering 2020 (PDF). Links to the resources referred to in the guide are below.
- Quaker faith & practice (offsite link) – Chapters 20, 23 and 25
- Minutes of Yearly Meeting 2019 (Word) Quaker Peace & Social Witness's Climate activism and advocacy work. Report for Meeting for Sufferings October 2019 (PDF)
- Philosophy for Communities for Quakers (offsite link)
- The Canterbury Commitment: Minute 36 of YMG 2011 (PDF) -
- Edwina Peart's blog on diversity within BYM
- Diversity and Inclusion – Report to Meeting for Sufferings April 2019 on page number 11 (PDF)
“A Quaker take on... Allyship"
“A Quaker take on... Climate change"
“A Quaker take on... Climate activism"
- Active Hope by Joanna Macy and Chris Johnstone (offsite link)
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (offsite link)
- Extinction Rebellion from a Quaker perspective
- Wretched of the Earth – letter to Extinction Rebellion (offsite link)
- Discussion of the Gender Recognition Act (offsite link)
- “A Green New Deal" (offsite link)
- “Why Migrant Justice is Climate Justice" (offsite link)
- “Let Them Drown" by Naomi Klein (offsite link)