This is the first time Yearly Meeting will be held online for Friends across Britain. We recommend that all friends who wish to join do so using a computer, laptop or tablet. Your device will need to have a stable internet connection, a working webcam, and a headset or microphone so you can be heard.
If you have not been to an online meeting before, we recommend coming to one of our Zoom help sessions (see the Registration information for more details).
We will be preparing documents in advance for our online-only YM 2020. These will be published online on Thursday 29 October. Please note that the focus for YM 2020 will be gathered worship and required business.
We will not be providing paper documentation, so please do make sure you have prepared how you will read your documents before the meeting. If you need help with these preparations, please do email the team at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In advance of the meeting, we suggest you consider how you might read documents during the meeting. We recommend using a separate screen to read documents , or opening two windows side-by-side on one screen. If you prefer paper documents, you will need to print copies.
The material below was compiled to help Friends prepare for Yearly Meeting Gathering that has been postponed until 2021. Friends may still find it worth reflecting upon these issues. This page will be revised in 2021.
- Quaker faith & practice (offsite link) – Chapters 20, 23 and 25
- Minutes of Yearly Meeting 2019 (Word) Quaker Peace & Social Witness's Climate activism and advocacy work. Report for Meeting for Sufferings October 2019 (PDF)
- Philosophy for Communities for Quakers (offsite link)
- The Canterbury Commitment: Minute 36 of YMG 2011 (PDF) -
- Edwina Peart's blog on diversity within BYM
- Diversity and Inclusion – Report to Meeting for Sufferings April 2019 on page number 11 (PDF)
“A Quaker take on... Allyship"
“A Quaker take on... Climate change"
“A Quaker take on... Climate activism"
- Active Hope by Joanna Macy and Chris Johnstone (offsite link)
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (offsite link)
- Extinction Rebellion from a Quaker perspective
- Wretched of the Earth – letter to Extinction Rebellion (offsite link)
- Discussion of the Gender Recognition Act (offsite link)
- “A Green New Deal" (offsite link)
- “Why Migrant Justice is Climate Justice" (offsite link)
- “Let Them Drown" by Naomi Klein (offsite link)