We employs staff to carry out the centrally managed work of Quakers in Britain. Most of these jobs are located in the central offices, Friends House in London.
We aim to be an ethical employer, with a 1:4 ratio between our highest and our lowest paid staff. Britain Yearly Meeting is a Living Wage employer.
Why work for us?
In our workplace we value the well-being of staff and the staff community.
You don't have to be a Quaker to work with us, but you should share our commitment to equality, peace, truth and simplicity. We a workplace in which all are treated fairly and can flourish.
As well as a friendly, supportive workplace we offer excellent staff benefits. These include:
- 27 days of annual leave per year plus three Christmas closure days
- generous employer pension contributions
- annual season ticket loan
- flexible working hours
- subsidised café, restaurant and bookshop selling ethically-sourced goods
- nine month sabbatical leave after five years' service
- enhanced maternity and adoption leave
- access to 24 hour independent, confidential employee support
- excellent training and funding for professional development
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI) after 52 week continuous sickness absence
- bicycle loan scheme
- staff social activities