The latest Meeting for Sufferings Handbook updated in October 2018 (PDF) contains information to help representatives and alternates.
Arrangements for meetings
The dates of forthcoming meetings are available on the Working with Meeting for Sufferings page.
Papers are sent out around two weeks before each meeting. You will also receive information about registering to attend.
Please contact Graham Spackman if you have any questions about the practicalities.
Before the meeting
- Register your intention to attend at forms.quaker.org.uk/sufferings
- Read the documents in advance
- Discuss agenda items with Friends in your area meeting if possible
- Please take the time to read the Meeting for Sufferings Handbook (PDF). Check the diagrams on page 11 to make sure you know how to hold the microphone so that you can be heard
- Remind yourself of Advice 13 (offsite link).
When you return to your own meetings
We hope you will have had an inspiring and enriching experience during Meeting for Sufferings. Please share what you have heard with your local and area meetings.
The clerk of Meeting for Sufferings is Margaret Bryan of York AM. The assistant clerk is Robert Card of Dorset & South Wiltshire AM. They are assisted by the Deputy Recording Clerk.
The Arrangements Group
The Arrangements Group facilitates the work of Meeting for Sufferings. It advises the Clerks on the agenda and keeps the conduct of the Meeting under review. It also monitors the implementation of actions and advises on the timing of any formal consultations.
The Support Group
The Support Group provides eldership during Meeting for Sufferings, and oversees some of the practical arrangements.
The members of the Support Group are:
- Chris Bullard (co-convenor), Kendal & Sedbergh AM
- Deirdre Haslam, Mid Essex AM
- Julia Lim, South Wales AM / CCR De Cymru
- Ruth McTighe, Central Yorkshire AM
- Simon Risley, London West AM
- Jenny Routledge, Norfolk & Waveney AM
Please contact Graham Spackman if you would like their contact details.