Supporting each other is an important part of our community's witness. We know that many Quakers have had to face difficult times in the last year, and underlying issues can make Yearly Meeting feel daunting, especially as we approach challenging topics in the theme. Pastoral care will be there to help.
We are aware that some Yearly Meeting sessions will be challenging for some Friends and might require specific experience. We will strive to offer support and access to Pastoral Care Friends who can provide this. In all cases we will provide a listening ear and seek to signpost longer-term support where relevant. The Pastoral Care Team will do our best to respond to your needs and help make our community a loving and inclusive one.
How do I access Pastoral Care support online?
- For support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put you in touch with the Pastoral Care Team.
When are the Pastoral Care drop-in times?
- Pastoral care will be available during the break times.
I need urgent support
- The Pastoral Care team can be reached during drop-in hours and by email during the hours. If you need urgent support outside these hours, the following services may be able to help:
- Shout, a free 24/7 mental health text service. Text 'Shout' to 85258
- Samaritans, a free 24/7 telephone, email or text service.
- In an emergency and another person is at immediate risk of harm, please call 999.