Yearly Meeting Gathering is taking place online over three weeks, with Yearly Meeting sessions timetabled over two weekends.
Events will be spaced to allow time away from your screen.
You will be able to attend as much or as little as you choose. Some events will have limited capacity.
The theme of Yearly Meeting Gathering 2021 is: “For our comfort and discomfort: living equality and truth in a time of crisis". Under the umbrella of this theme, we will be continuing our consideration of privilege, diversity and inclusion, and climate justice.
There are three strands to our discernment, anti-racism, acknowledging and welcoming gender diverse people and faith-based action for climate justice.
The theme and strands for Yearly Meeting are about people's lived experiences as part of our Quaker community. We each bring our own stories to this discernment and we also start our understanding from different places. In all of these areas there is scope for misunderstanding and personal hurt. This is particularly possible where individuals don't have relevant lived experience. In recognition of this and that, in meeting online it will be more challenging to provide effective pastoral care, Yearly Meeting Agenda Committee offer a seven-point Community Agreement for everyone who takes part. When you book to attend Yearly Meeting Gathering 2021 you will be asked to agree Our Community Agreement, which can be read here.
Week 1: Monday 19 July - Sunday 25 July
- In this week you will be able to familiarise yourself with Yearly Meeting Gathering and how to access the event. There will be online resources to use and some orientation sessions.
- Theme related, fringe and community activities will begin towards the end of the week.
Week 2: Monday 26 July - Sunday 1 August
- Yearly Meeting sessions will take place from Friday 30 July, (from 7pm) to Sunday 1 August
- Theme related, fringe and community events will run throughout the week.
- Young Adult worship, social and reflective sessions will take place on Saturday 31 July and Sunday 1 August.
Week 3: Monday 2 August - Sunday 8 August
- Children and Young People's programme will run from Monday 2 to Friday 6 August.
- Yearly Meeting sessions will take place from Friday 6 (from 4.30pm) to Sunday 8 August.
- Young Adult worship, social and reflective sessions will take place from Monday 2 to Sunday 8 August.
- Theme related, fringe and community events will also run during this week.
How do I find out what is happening and when?
- Once your booking has been processed, you will have access to the Yearly Meeting Gathering planner (in Sched). There you will be able to view the whole of the Yearly Meeting Gathering programme and choose the events you wish to attend. To find out more about the planner, please visit our dedicated help section.