Welcome to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page for Yearly Meeting Gathering. Please check back regularly as this page will update as the event draws near.
For general support and enquiries, please contact the Yearly Meeting team by email: email@example.com
What is the theme of Yearly Meeting Gathering?
- The theme of Yearly Meeting Gathering 2021 is "For our comfort and discomfort: living equality and truth in a time of crisis". Under the umbrella of this theme, we will be continuing our consideration of privilege, diversity and inclusion, and climate justice.
Who can I contact about the theme?
- All enquiries about the theme can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents and Preparation
What do I need to do to prepare for Yearly Meeting Gathering?
- Preparation documents will be available for Friends from mid-April. Your meeting may be a source of prayerful support and community to help you to prepare for Yearly Meeting Gathering. The dedicated documents page contains more information about preparation materials.
When will documents in advance be available?
- Documents in advance will be published online ahead of Yearly Meeting. The documents will be published in two phases - in mid-April and mid-July.
When will I receive documents in advance?
- All documents in advance will be published online. View and download the documents on the dedicated documents page.
Events & Programme
How do I find out what is happening and when?
- Once your booking has been processed, you will have access to the Yearly Meeting Gathering planner. There you will be able to view the whole of the Yearly Meeting Gathering programme and choose the events you wish to attend.
- Watch this video to find out how to use the online planner. (Pressing play on the video below will set a third-party cookie. Please see our cookies page to find out more.)
For further help using the online planner (Sched) please see our dedicated technical support area.
Once I have registered for YMG will I be able to attend all events?
- Once registered you will be able to book a place in any event or Yearly Meeting session you wish to attend. Some events happen at the same time and you will not be able to reserve a place for overlapping events.
Why do I need to reserve a space to attend a Yearly Meeting session?
- There are technical limits on the number of participants in one Zoom meeting. It is not possible to have more than 1000 at a time. You may have attended or heard of other Zoom events with thousands of people present. This would have been a Zoom webinar which does not allow us to see each other and share ministry.
What happens if an event is full?
- If you try to book for an event that is fully booked, you will be place on a waiting list. As soon as a place becomes available, you will be booked for the event and notified.
What happens if I am unable to attend an event I book for?
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel your place so that it can be offered to someone else. While this is automated, the earlier you cancel the easier it is for those taking your place.
Support and help
I want to receive support at Yearly Meeting Gathering, who can I speak with?
- Pastoral Care and Yearly Meeting Elders are available to support Friends at Yearly Meeting Gathering. Pastoral Care offers support for Friends who may need emotional, social or spiritual support. Yearly Meeting Elders offer prayerful support and oversight in Yearly Meeting sessions, with drop-in time following each session.
Where can I receive technical help?
- Please see our dedicated technical support area for help using Zoom and Sched (our planner website).
Will there be someone to help me online?
- In all Yearly Meeting sessions there will be support staff to help Friends with technical problems. Yearly Meeting Elders will also offer prayerful support and oversight, and the Pastoral Care group will be present for Friends at a dedicated time each day. Your meeting may also be able to offer support and technical help.
Who can I contact about accessibility?
- Please email our Yearly Meeting team at: email@example.com for any accessibility requirements.
Will Yearly Meeting sessions be accessible?
- Speech to text and closed captions are available at every Yearly Meeting session. Speech to text is also available as a live transcript. Our meetings will be held on Zoom. Closed captions are accessed on Zoom by a closed caption button, which will be available to participants on the day.
I'm unhappy with someone's behaviour
- 'Our Community Agreement' sets out how we will look after each other as part of an online gathering. Behaviour such as bullying, harassment and verbal abuse is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. The document 'Policy and Procedures on bullying harassment and verbal abuse' sets out how we will respond to and address these actions and/or behaviours, at both live and virtual events, and any issues arising on social media sites.
Any reports around bullying, harassment and/or verbal abuse can be made both during the event and after the event. Where possible try to resolve the conflict through informal means. However, if this is not possible you should initially approach Yearly Meeting Elders with your concern.
Registration & Bookings
Do I need to register?
- Yes. All participants at Yearly Meeting Gathering need to register for a place in advance.
When is the registration deadline?
- Registration opened on 1 June 2021. Registration will close Registration for the Children and Young People's programmes closes on 27 June 2021.
What information is required to register?
- You will be asked for your contact details, information about your meeting, and your age. We will also ask if you have any accessibility needs or requirements which we will need to be aware of to help you participate in Yearly Meeting Gathering online.
Who can come to Yearly Meeting?
- Yearly Meeting is open to all Quakers throughout Britain - members and attenders, adults and children. Friends from overseas are welcome to attend, but please indicate in your registration form whether or you are a representative of your YM or attending in a personal capacity. When you register, we will collect information about your meeting or worshipping community.
How do children register?
- Children can be registered online, use the main registration link and choose the appropriate form.
Participants age 14 and over may, if they wish, attend events and sessions outside the CYP programmes. If they plan to attend these events and sessions independently from an adult, they will need to complete the main YMG registration form.
Participants under age 14 years may only attend events and sessions outside the CYP programmes if accompanied by a responsible adult who is registered for YMG.
What do you do with my data?
If you would like to speak to our team about YMG data protection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.