Treasurers and Collectors
Related pages: Treasurers
Treasurers and collectors are supported by BYM in the following ways:
- Annual Conference of Treasurers (ACT)
- Treasurers' courses held at Woodbrooke (offsite link)
- Provision of other resources
- Treasurers' Support Project [PDF].
Treasurers' News Latest edition
The latest edition is now on its own page with back issues. Please go to www.quaker.org.uk/tn.
See also: Trustees' Bulletin
- Handbook, updates and corrections available at www.quaker.org.uk/treasurers-handbook
Handbook for AM Trustees
- This can be found at www.quaker.org.uk/handbook-trustees
Paying-in slips for cheques and BACS transfers for meeting contributions:
- Download and print: paying-in slip (June 2015) (PDF, 524KB)
- Email when you make bank transfer: BACS paying-in slip (June 2015) (Word, 60KB)
- Letter to all treasurers regarding Friends’ contributions to BYM in 2014 from the BYM treasurer [PDF: 34 kb - new window]
- Quaker Peace & Social Witness have prepared the following paper about our relationship with the Co-operative Bank in response to questions raised by Friends: Banking with the Co-operative – A dilemma for Friends [PDF: 147kb - new window].
- GASDS information sheet (PDF 55KB)
- Treasurers Pack - Managing our financial resources (2014) (PDF 296KB - new window)
- Chapters 14 and 15 of Quaker faith & practice provide general guidance for those taking positions of financial responsibility in our meetings. There is a note about religious service as a treasurer at 13.43 - 13.44.
- Some area meetings periodically convene support/training meetings for treasurers and collectors in their area. Quaker Communications Department (QCD) offer help for such events: speakers and training on effective fundraising, encouraging tax effective giving and legacy promotion. QCD can also provide trained facilitators to help Meetings with strategic planning.
- Implementing an Integrated Finance System [PDF: 180kb - new window]
- Methods for meetings to increase income [PDF: 36kb - new window]
- HM Revenue & Customs notes about Gift Aid (offsite link: a detailed and comprehensive guide about Gift Aid).
- Gift Aid transitional relief - notes for treasurers [PDF: 21kb - new window]
- HM Revenue & Customs notes about Gift Aid transitional relief (offsite link: notes about the Gift Aid transitional relief arragements active from 6 April 2008 to 5 April 2011)
- Treatment of Local Meeting Money in Area Meeting Accounts [Word: 44kb - new window]
- A vulnerable victim? [PDF: 521kb - new window] - an account of the theft of an area meeting’s money by their treasurer, including lessons learned.
We can supply you with Gift Aid envelopes for use in your meeting. To order, contact: email@example.com, tel 020 7866 9508
If you are a recently appointed treasurer or require further information please contact: Gaby Scott, Friends House, 173 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BJ, tel 020 7663 1045, fax 020 7663 1001, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources and ideas for fundraising are at www.quaker.org.uk/fundraising