Quaker faith & practice
Related pages: Quaker faith & practice
You can read and search the updated Quaker faith & practice (new window). The web text is based on the fourth edition and includes all the changes to "QFP" approved by Yearly Meetings to date.
Quaker faith & practice ("QFP") is the core publication of Britain Yearly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends. It is an attempt to express truth through the vital personal and corporate experience of Friends. It is largely composed of extracts from Friends' writings: a fitting way of expressing the breadth of Quaker theology. It also describes the current structures (church government) of Britain Yearly Meeting.
Copies of the latest edition of Quaker faith & practice can be purchased online or by phone from The Quaker Bookshop. The paperback edition is available at £7 and the hardback edition at £14. You can also order copies from your local bookshop. The details are available on the links above.
As approved by minute 23c of Britain Yearly Meeting held 28-31 May 2010.
As approved by minute 29 of Yearly Meeting 30 July – 6 August 2011
The forms and other documents referred to in Quaker faith & practice can all be downloaded from this page.
- 4.02 - Model documents for Charitable Registration
- 4.14 - Area and local meetings - current guidance on good practice by Quaker Life (Meeting Safety)
- 4.25 - Guidelines for conduct of an appeal group are available from the Recording Clerk
- 4.29 - Testimonies of the grace of God in lives - an enduring presence
- 4.39 - Guidance for clerks and custodians on the creation, care and custody of records
- 4.45 - Data protection and confidentiality
- 6.25 - Trustees annual report & accounts
- 9.12 - The relevant constitutional texts are available from the Recording Clerk
- 11.23 - Printed forms for notice of a member or attender changing area meeting are available from the Recording Clerk
- 11.25 - Printed forms for certificate of transfer and acceptance are available from the Recording Clerk
- 12.06 - Guidance on pastoral care
- 13.44, 14.21, 15.05, 15.16 - Treasurers' Handbook
- 13.51 - A handbook for Quaker Prison Ministers is published by Quaker Peace & Social Witness
- 14.10 - Further advice on the wording of legacies can be obtained from Quaker Communications and www.quaker.org.uk/legacy
- 14.28 - Advice on whether a body is included is available from the Recording Clerk
- 15.14 - Care of Meeting Houses Handbook produced by the Advisory Committee on Property
- 15.15 - Information about the Meeting House Funds is available from Quaker Finance and Property
- 16.45, 16.50 - Link to the General Register Office website - England and Wales, Scotland
- 17.11 - Books of blank forms and counterfoils for an order burial (or interment or scattering of ashes) are available from the Recording Clerk
Downloadable printable chapters of Quaker faith & practice in PDF format - Chapter downloads
Contacting the Recording Clerk's Office
Address: Recording Clerk’s Office, Friends House, 173-177 Euston Road, London NW1 2BJ. Telephone: 020 7663 1021. Email: email@example.com