This event has ended.
Skilling up for the new economy
18 - 19 November 2017, Manchester
Quaker Peace & Social Witness are excited to announce a free weekend training for Friends who wish to build an economy that puts people and the planet before profit. Over two days a group of 40 Quakers will:
- Identify their collective strengths as changemakers
- Make a project plan that considers the wider new economy movement
- Gain insights and confidence that will inform their next steps
Who is the training for?
Please apply if one of the following statements describes you. You are:
- Motivated to move from new economy theory to action
- Already working on a new economy project
- Looking for support and solidarity relating to new economy work
- Interested in taking practical actions back to your community
If you are successful in applying for a place, by the end of the training you will be part of a national group of Quakers who share your determination in building the new economy. You will have decided as a group what concrete action you would like to take, and Quaker Peace & Social Witness will support you in making that happen and sharing it with the wider world.
Familiarising yourself with the New Economy booklet series will help you make the most of the training - you can read these online at quaker.org.uk/new-economy or request print copies using the contact details below. You do not need to be a member of Britain Yearly Meeting to attend.
The training is provided for free by Quaker Peace & Social Witness. Workshops will be delivered by the QPSW New Economy team.
If travel expenses are a barrier to your attendance, please get in touch using the contact details below - we can support you with covering these costs.
If you do not have a place to stay overnight in Manchester, please email the team so we can locate you a bed for the night.
Manchester Meeting House is fully accessible, please get in touch if you have specific access needs.
Lunch will be provided at the venue on Saturday and Sunday. On the Saturday night we will go out for a complementary dinner at a local restaurant.
Apply for a place through the 'Register your place' button on this page – NOTE: places are given through an application process and registering does not automatically mean that you will be able to attend
- Applications close on Tuesday 31 October
- Places will be confirmed within a week of receipt
- If you prefer to apply over the phone, please call Maya on 020 7663 1056
Ask us questions!
You can contact the New Economy team at email@example.com and on 020 7663 1056. We look forward to hearing from you!
For more information contact:
Telephone: 020 7663 1056