Resources for clerks
Monthly mailings are sent out on the last Tuesday of the month. Monthly Mailings lists the latest contents and links to the archive of mailings.
- Becoming a low-carbon, sustainable community: establishing a baseline letter to AM's
- Becoming a low-carbon, sustainable community: establishing a baseline letter to LM's
- Calling letter for nominations to Meeting for Sufferings for the triennium Yearly Meeting 2012- Yearly Meeting 2015
- Civil Partnerships conducted in Quaker meeting houses in England & Wales - a briefing paper for Registering Officers and other Friends
- Sustainability resources mailing
Records and archives
Advice if you look after your meeting's records and archives is available in Guidance for clerks and custodians of records.
Information about data safety and information security for meetings, as well as links for guidance for Area Meetings regarding registering with the Information Commissioner's Office is available on the Data Safety page in the Resources for meetings section. Contact detailspublished in the Book of Meetingsare considered public information, Yearly Meeting staff may give these to an enquirer without asking for further permission.
Right Ordering: A handbook of business practice within the Area Meeting [PDF: 686kb - new window] is a useful resourceabout our business procedures and reponsibilities in the organisation of our church affairs
Help and advice
Queries of church governance can be referred to the Support for Meetings Officer, Michael Booth. 020 7663 1023, fax 020 7663 1001.
A copy of the Minute of appointment of each Clerk should be sent with full contact details and dates of service to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can keep our details up to date.