Britain Yearly Meeting employs staff to carry out the centrally managed work of Quakers in Britain. Most of these jobs are located in the central offices, Friends House in London, unless otherwise stated. We aim to be an ethical employer, with a 1:4 ratio between our highest and our lowest paid staff. Britain Yearly Meeting is a Living Wage employer.
Sustainability & Peace Programme Manager
- 17.5 Hours Per Week
- £19,001 Per Annum (£38,002 pro rata)
- Friends House, Euston Road, London NW1
- Closing date:
- 19 February 2016 - 12pm
- 29 February 2016
We're seeking a committed and passionate person to co-manage QPSW's Sustainability and Peace programme. You'll join a small team dedicated to supporting Quakers to take action to tackle climate, energy and economic injustice and to make real our vision of a just, sustainable and peaceful world.
- Can you demonstrate your sympathy with Quaker values and approaches to environmental sustainability and economic justice?
- Do you have experience of social change activism?
- Do you believe that organised active citizens can bring about change?
- Do you see climate change as a symptom of wider economic injustice and that we need to tackle the power of the fossil fuel industry and radically transform the economy?
- Can you support people to live more sustainably and to take action in their own lives?
- Can you facilitate groups and manage projects?
To find out more about the work of QPSW visit: www.quaker.org.uk/our-work