We regularly speak out on behalf of Quakers in Britain. This page contains the most recent letters, briefings and submissions. If there's a particular document you're interested in that doesn't appear on this page, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're interested in finding out more about how we engage with politicians and how we can support you to speak out, please also visit Political engagement.
We are campaigning against the Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill because of its impact on the right to protest and racial justice.
- Briefing for Peers ahead of Second Reading, September 2021 (PDF)
- Briefing for MPs ahead of Report Stage, July 2021 (PDF)
- Briefing for Quakers, July 2021 (Word)
As part of the Make COP Count coalition of faith groups, we are engaging with the government and parliamentarians about climate justice.
- Make COP Count parliamentary event summary (PDF)
- Make COP Count fossil fuels briefing (PDF)
- Make COP Count loss and damage briefing (PDF)
Letters and statements
We often send letters to government ministers and departments, and sign joint letters with other faith groups and charities. Here are some of our most recent open letters and statements:
- Open letter asking the government to reject plans for oil extraction in the Cambo oil field, August 2021
We have recently made the following submissions to government and parliamentary inquiries:
- Response to government consultation on Protect Duty, July 2021 (Word)
- Quaker response to New Plan for Immigration consultation, May 2021 (PDF)
- Submission to International Development Committee inquiry into COP26, May 2021 (Word)
- Submission to Police, Crime, Sentencing and Courts Bill Committee, May 2021 (Word)