Earth and Economy
Welcome to Earth and Economy, the joint newsletter of the Economic Issues and Sustainability & Peace programmes of Quaker Peace & Social Witness (QPSW).
We hope this newsletter will give you an insight into the work of these two programmes, and will provide you with some ideas and opportunities for action.
You will see from the ‘Friends in action’ and ‘Conversation starter’ pages that the newsletter is not just for telling Friends what QPSW is doing. It’s also for Friends to share news about how they’ve been taking action. Please get in touch if you have something you would like to contribute.
By clicking on the links below, you will be taken to read the full article on the Quakernomics blog, a forum for discussion and debate about the relationships between economics, our lives, and the planet.
- Quakers board the tax justice bus
- The Energy Bill: a vital opportunity for climate action
- Indian land march highlights the cost of inequitable development
- Reversing the flow
- Deep ecology: an introduction
- Northfield Ecocentre: from small ideas great projects grow
- Green is working
- Join the call for a ‘Jubilee for Justice’
- Church investment: witness or whitewash?
- Trading Away Peace
- Progress towards a ban in trade of settlement produce
- Friends in action: Living under a flight path
- Conversation starter: Basic Income
The second issue is also available as a PDF download [610 kb - new window]
This issue of the newsletter is edited by Sunniva Taylor, Sustainability & Peace programme.
The first issue (May 2012) of Earth and Economy is still available.
Suzanne Ismail (Economic Issues), 020 7663 1055
Sunniva Taylor (Sustainability & Peace), 020 7663 1047
QPSW, Friends House, 173 Euston Road, London, NW1 7RR.