Earth and Economy - March 2014
Welcome to Earth and Economy, the joint newsletter of the Economic Issues and Sustainability & Peace programmes of Quaker Peace & Social Witness (QPSW).
This newsletter will give you an insight into the work of these two programmes, and will provide you with some ideas and opportunities for action.
You will see from the ‘Friends in action’ and ‘Conversation starter’ pages that the newsletter is not just for telling Friends what QPSW is doing. It’s also for Friends to share news about how they’ve been taking action. Please get in touch if you have something you would like to contribute.
By clicking on the links below, you will be taken to read the full article on the Quakernomics blog, a forum for discussion and debate about the relationships between economics, our lives, and the planet.
- Fossil fuel disinvestment
- The Co-op Bank: Should I stay or should I go?
- The rising cost of fuel
- Ending fossil fuel dependency
- Your faith, your finance
- Solidarity at the grassroots
- A vision of a new economy
- Momentum builds against settlement trade
- Buy green energy and save money
- Green Advices & Queries
- Quakers challenge Lobbying Bill
- Quakers and climate change at the UN
- Zero Carbon Britain: can we rise to the climate challenge?
- Transatlantic trade partnership: Handing power to corporations
The fourth issue is available as a PDF Download [525 kb - new window]
Suzanne Ismail (Economic Issues), 020 7663 1055
Sunniva Taylor (Sustainability & Peace), 020 7663 1047
QPSW, Friends House, 173 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BJ.