Earth and Economy
Welcome to Earth and Economy, the joint newsletter of the Economic Issues and Sustainability & Peace programmes of Quaker Peace & Social Witness (QPSW).
This newsletter will give you an insight into the work of these two programmes, and will provide you with some ideas and opportunities for action.
You will see from the ‘Friends in action’ and ‘Conversation starter’ pages that the newsletter is not just for telling Friends what QPSW is doing. It’s also for Friends to share news about how they’ve been taking action. Please get in touch if you have something you would like to contribute.
By clicking on the links below, you will be taken to read the full article on the Quakernomics blog, a forum for discussion and debate about the relationships between economics, our lives, and the planet.
- ‘Day of Shame’ as welfare cuts kick in
- ‘The river’s turned brown’ – taking action on the tar sands
- Reducing our carbon footprint – together
- Momentum building on Israeli settlement trade
- Creating a just and sustainable food system
- Friends House – London’s top sustainable restaurant
- Quirky Quaker actions for a better world
- Being poor is expensive
- Sustainability grants available for Quaker-supported projects
- Pilgrimage for Peace and Economic Justice
- Europe-wide campaign for fairer trade
- Friends in Action: Earth Quaker Action Team challenges US banks
- Conversation Starter: Ethical clothing
The third issue is available as a PDF Download [700 kb - new window]
This issue of the newsletter is edited by Symon Hill, Sustainability & Peace programme.
Suzanne Ismail (Economic Issues), 020 7663 1055
Sunniva Taylor (Sustainability & Peace), 020 7663 1047
QPSW, Friends House, 173 Euston Road, London, NW1 7RR.