All the resources included below are available for free, to ask to be sent a copy contact email@example.com 020 7663 1013, some you can download for yourself.
Journeys in the Spirit: children’s edition
- A monthly resource offering fully worked out, yet adaptable, programmes to use with 5 – 12 year olds in a Quaker context.
Journeys in the Spirit: youth edition
- Three issues per year offering material on a theme for use with 12 – 18 year olds on a Quaker youth event or young people’s meeting.
Journeys in the Spirit special issues
- World War I centenary. Children's work special edition - 'White feather stories: ways to introduce the topic of WWI to children and explore dilemmas faced by Quakers, and others, opposed to the war at the time; includes activities to help children think about conscience, courage and cowardice, and explore the qualities of a peacemaker.
- Worship Journeys: Getting into worship – practice for all ages: ways to help children explore becoming physically and mentally still in order to deepen and enrich their experience of meeting for worship.
- Schools Journeys: ideas to explore Quakerism when visiting schools or when school children visit meeting houses.
- Abolition Journeys: approaches to take when exploring with children the role Quakers played in the abolition of the slave trade.
- Journeys in the Spirit for 0 - 4 year olds: a simple guide to being with children aged 0 - 4 years in a Quaker setting.
- Connecting as a Community: activities to link young people aged 12 - 18 years with the wider meeting.
Working with children (0 – 12 years)
Ideas and approaches to help engagement with children in Quaker meetings.
- Being Ready for Children: Guidance for Meetings where, as yet, there is not a children’s meeting for worship, where children are not regular or even occasional visitors with their families.
- What About the Children in Our Meeting: an easy to use pack to help you to explore the purposes of children’s work in your meeting.
- Building our children’s meeting for worship: approaches and practical tips to develop children’s meeting.
- Way of the child: information and links about an approach to working with children.
Working with young people (12 - 18 years)
Programme, work packs and guidelines to support working with young people.
- Spiritual development: exploring our understanding of spiritual development and how this affects our work with young people.
- Living as a Quaker: a six session programme for young people to explore Quaker identity, beliefs, values and interactions with others.
- Relationships, sex and sexuality: ideas to encourage young people to think about the issues relating to relationships, sex and sexuality in a Quaker context.
- Quaker Youth Work Handbook: setting out the basics of work with Quaker young people.
- Sharing our Journeys contains a variety of activities which enable young Quakers and adult Friends to explore their spirituality in a Quaker context, to share their spiritual journeys and think about and articulate their beliefs and their values. It gives opportunities to discover by sharing together what Quakerism means to them and to other people.
- Ways to Connect a set of cards to promote and develop the way in which we think about the place of young friends (aged 12 - 18 years) in local and area meetings.
Working with all ages
Ideas, resources, training and events to equip and encourage Friends to undertake, develop and advocate ways for people of all ages to worship and live out their faith together.
Loads of tried and tested ideas for Quaker work with children and young people.
Offering a range of books, leaflets and Outreach resources.
For Quaker life resources collection click here.