yqspace is a website for young Quakers aged 11+ with information about:
- Events – Information about local, regional and national events for the coming year
- Take Part – These pages include information on how to connect to both Quaker and other opportunities.
- Advice – If you are looking for advice, information or support you'll find links to a selection of supportive organisations here.
- About Quakers – Information about Quakers, what they believe, how they live their lives and how they express this.
Young People's Participation Network
Quaker Life Young People's Network is for young people under 19; it promotes opportunities and information from within Britain Yearly Meeting and beyond. From campaigns to consultations, to volunteering to training this is your opportunity to get involved.
It's flexible – you can offer your service as needed, with whatever level of commitment you feel able to offer, for example:
- Sign up and find out about campaigns and consultations to be involved in.
- Indicate your interest in opportunities that link in, for example reviewing publications, volunteering as a facilitator.
- Interested in facilitation? We can offer training to develop your skills.
Interested? (and you are under 19)
- On Facebook? – sign up to the Quaker Life Young People's Network
- Not on Facebook? – email Cat for updates at firstname.lastname@example.org
Facilitation and Leadership: 2016
At Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre
(a partnership between Woodbrooke and Children and Young People's staff)
Friday 21 - Sunday 23 October 2016
(arrivals from 5:45pm, first session Friday, 8:45pm with weekend ending at 3:30pm on Sunday)
- Are you aged between 15 and 21?
- Are you interested in facilitating activities with your peers?
- Are you looking to become an adult volunteer at a Quaker event?
This weekend aims to help you to understand groups and the ways you could work as a facilitator and lead groups. A previous participant said: “ It's a great chance to explore more about working and 'leading' groups. Whoever is offered the experience should, without a doubt grasp the chance."
The weekend will cover a wide range of issues, from understanding groups and how to work with them through to thinking about facilitation skills, equal opportunities and being a Quaker facilitator.
Futher details will be available on the yqspace website from April 2016. This will include the event cost and an application form.
For more information about Facilitation and Leadership, please contact Cat Waithaka on 020 7663 1011 or email email@example.com
Young Friends General Meeting
The national organisation for Quakers aged 18–30. They hold their main gatherings three times a year (February, May/June and October) as well as other events
The Engaging Young Adult Friends consultation ran from 18 February to 10 April 2016, and had a staggering level of response. A report on the consultation outlining how young adults in Britain define and relate to Quakerism, and some of the issues surrounding young adult engagement was published in August 2016. The project will be recruiting a full-time staff member later in 2016 to scope and develop solutions to support young adults in their engagement with Quakerism.
If you would like any more information on this work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Be the change
Be The Change is a resource for Young Quakers to take action on issues of Quaker concern. There are currently three campaigns for young Quakers to engage in activism, tied in to Quaker Peace & Social Witness work on economics, sustainability and disarmament. More information can be found on the website for young people www.yqspace.org.uk on the Be the Change webpage.