The equal opportunities check list provides a starting point for incorporating equal opportunities into work with children and young people. This check list includes a summary of Britain Yearly Meetings statement of equal opportunities, the policy which governs centrally managed work.
Equal opportunities check list
The volunteer involvement policy sets out the procedures and guidance to manage and support volunteers in their service. This includes the responsibilities of the organisation and also the responsibilities of the volunteers.
How to implement the volunteer involvement policy is outlined in the document “Processes". Further guidance is included in the documents “Volunteer references" and “Complaints procedures". Additional guidance on working with young people as volunteers can be found in the “Guidelines for working with young people as volunteers". Role outlines and forms are provided as examples of the questions that might be asked and process to follow when recruiting and appointing volunteers.
Volunteer involvement documents
- Download: Processes as PDF
- Download: Volunteer references as PDF
- Download: Complaints procedure as PDF
- Download: Working with young people as volunteers as PDF
Example role outlines
Example offers of service forms
Example volunteer agreement forms
- Download: Form CYP cluster agreement for as PDF
- Download: Form volunteer information and consent as PDF
Example volunteer induction
Participation is about engaging with the experiences and concerns of young Quakers who are active members of the Quaker community and organisation. It is about ensuring children and young people are heard and have the opportunity to contribute to Quakers.
The participation policy outlines how we are committed to do this. A theological basis for young Quakers' participation in decision making gives a theological and spiritual basis for the inclusion of children and young people in Quaker decision making process at all levels, including Quaker meetings for worship for church affairs.
Meeting Safety gives an overview of safeguarding policy within Quaker meetings in Britain and information about theChurches' Child Protection Advisory Service which is used by Britain Yearly Meeting for advice and guidance. Advice on obtaining criminal records disclosures is also given in this document.
Guidance on what to do in the event of a disclosure details what to do in the event of a disclosure of abuse being made at a Britain Yearly Meeting event for Children and Young People. This document can be adapted for use by those responsible for activities with children or young people.
For additional advice contact the Britain Yearly Meeting Safeguarding Advisor, Gill Sewell firstname.lastname@example.org, 020 7663 1017.
This policy covers a range of procedures and guidance which ensure that legal obligations and insurance requirements are met. It enables those running events to follow good practice and to take reasonable care to work in safe ways while considering the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of children and young people.
Full event and activity management policy
Procedures detail the measures that staff and / or volunteers are required to undertake, whether this is a legal obligation or an insurance condition. Guidance reflects good working practice and is based on cumulative experience. It seeks to address questions and issues that may arise in planning and running events.
- Download: Emergency protocol as PDF
- Download: First Aid as PDF
- Download: Insurance and record keeping as PDF
- Download: Handling of comments suggestions and complaints as PDF
- Download: Use of images as PDF
- Download: Risk assessment and form as PDF
- Download: Pastoral care procedures and pastoral concern form as PDF
- Download: Anti-bullying procedures as PDF
- Download: Consent and information form as PDF
- Download: Special educational needs information forms as
- Download: Incident / accident / concern reporting form as PDF
- Download: Event aims and intended outcomes as PDF
- Download: Boundaries as PDF
- Download: Smoking as PDF
- Download: Drugs and prohibited substances as PDF
- Download: Appropriate games and activities as PDF
- Download: Managing behaviour issues as PDF
- Download: Appropriate physical contact, personal care and restraint as PDF
- Download: Provision of medication as PDF
- Download: Communicating with young people using social media as PDF
- Download: Adult to child ratios as PDF
- Download: Participant guidance on taking photos and videos as PDF
- Download: Filming event videos as PDF